Barnsley Cycle HUB is the only place in Barnsley town center that offers secure indoor cycle parking monitored by CCTV.
To park your bike at the Barnsley Cycle HUB all you need to do is come and register.
When you register we give you a fob that allows you access to the secure cycle parking up until 10 pm, seven days a week.
We ask for a £10 refundable deposit for your fob, its yours to keep as long as you want. Drop in to register whenever the workshop is open (Monday to Friday, 7.30 am to 3.30 pm).
Our parking facilities offer you great peace of mind, but you still need to remember to lock up your bike properly. Use a good quality lock (we sell locks in our workshop if you need one), and lock it properly.
Below is our step-by-step guide on how to securely lock your bike to our cycle racks.
1. Swipe your fob to get into the HUB. The door is automatic so it will close behind you.
2. Put the bike wheels in the rack slots, making sure it’s pushed all the way into the rack.
3. Ensure the rear chainstays of the bike sit inside the ‘hasp’ that is welded to the rack.
4. Thread the lock through the spokes on the rear wheel and around the chainstays.
Check your lock is locked and secure before you leave the HUB.
5. Swipe your fob on the black panel by the door to exit the HUB.